Athletics

I saw it. Superb performance.
Josh Kerr is a real star from Scotland.
Athletics is still really big in terms of major event attendance in UK but I’m not sure it’s so at grass roots level.
They've made it completely inaccessible to even diamond league meetings on TV, what a shame

Half related, we've had our national championships this week, no fans came to see it
 
They've made it completely inaccessible to even diamond league meetings on TV, what a shame

Half related, we've had our national championships this week, no fans came to see it
It’s why I support non commercial TV.
Athletics struggles commercially unless it’s given prominence, then it tends to work out well.
Other stuff like classical music also similar.
It’s on BBC in UK. It makes the international events extremely popular but grass roots is not what it was. At least however there is a base of awareness from which a concerted effort to rebuild could be made.
Without awareness and admiration of it that is difficult.
 
It’s why I support non commercial TV.
Athletics struggles commercially unless it’s given prominence, then it tends to work out well.
Other stuff like classical music also similar.
It’s on BBC in UK. It makes the international events extremely popular but grass roots is not what it was. At least however there is a base of awareness from which a concerted effort to rebuild could be made.
Without awareness and admiration of it that is difficult.
Are you going to One event in Japan?
 
No. I’m busy writing a paper. Bruising my brain with statistics.
Card not fully announced either.
Will go next year if possible
I see it’s mainly a Japanese card. It’ll do well but not mega I guess.
The inner circle cards are taking all the title fights. It’s a PPV every week. There’s nothing left for the Samurai cards I guess.
IDK if that’s a good approach coz Japan is where they need to grow to make proper money imo.
Will be very interesting to see if this Samurai card is packed out anyway just by being stacked with Japanese fighters.
They tend to sell a lot of their own tickets through club affiliations.
 
New restrictions on videographing female athletes from "unflattering" angles to be started from European athletics championship this Monday. Booo

1000112184.jpg
 
Back
Top