My cancer/health journey updates...

Oh man that's awful, what a way to treat someone and the last thing you need with everything you have on your plate. I'm not in the US but are there not laws around this?
There are but it typically requires a larger business; there were only 3-4 of us. Plus the fact that we're talking 9 months, minimum, by the time I can get back.

Hope you get it sorted out my man

What does management say
There are/were only 3 of us as employees. I was talking to the owner/my boss.
 
There are but it typically requires a larger business; there were only 3-4 of us. Plus the fact that we're talking 9 months, minimum, by the time I can get back.


There are/were only 3 of us as employees. I was talking to the owner/my boss.
I see, don't remember the details but maybe it's something you can do on your own from home (at least for now) or anything similar in this field? If you're gonna move on from them
 
I see, don't remember the details but maybe it's something you can do on your own from home (at least for now) or anything similar in this field? If you're gonna move on from them
I'm technically disabled, so I should start getting paid next month, including back pay for the last 5 months. There could/would easily be jobs available with what I do, but I'd most likely just do my own thing, if I do, at all. Right now I have 3 months until I see a doctor to check my brain, so I'll just wait for that before moving to the next step.
 
I'm technically disabled, so I should start getting paid next month, including back pay for the last 5 months. There could/would easily be jobs available with what I do, but I'd most likely just do my own thing, if I do, at all. Right now I have 3 months until I see a doctor to check my brain, so I'll just wait for that before moving to the next step.
Why not start a business if you have time and pay?
 
Why not start a business if you have time and pay?
There are a couple of ideas kicking around in my head, at this point. Right now I'm still trying to get medications dialed in a little bit PLUS this is something that I'm JUST finding out. On top of that, the last few months have been incredibly lean around here, even with the help that people were able to give; it still didn't entirely cover what was needed, etc.
 
For lack of a better way to say it, I basically no longer have a job. I've been operating this entire time that once I was cleared, I'd be good to go back to work. Went by work today since it's been 6 months since my seizure and coworker was like "oh, we didn't think you were coming back". Why TF would we have an entire conversation about what was needed to return then; especially one where I told you that I would know exactly what our boss would want before I returned? Like it makes no sense whatsoever.

There's quite a bit more, but trying to keep things brief.
Not sure what you do or where you work but a lot of times that's literally illegal. But I'm sure it's already explained in the long comments I don't have the attention span to read. Good luck with the recovery.
 
Back
Top