News Thread

I can't imagine they'll try again with her. This is fodder for every type of "cruel and unusual" challenge possible, and my guess is that not only will this result in her sentence being commuted from death to life in jail, but will probably fuel even more states continuing the trend dropping the death penalty entirely.
if she makes a full recovery she should be let out of jail.
 
if she makes a full recovery she should be let out of jail.
She lured a fellow high school classmate into a kill house, where she and some of her friends tortured the classmate for hours with box cutters, carved a pentagram on her chest, and bashed her skull open with a brick. Afterwards, she went back to school to show off the skull fragment with her other friends.
 
  • shrug
Reactions: ABB
She lured a fellow high school classmate into a kill house, where she and some of her friends tortured the classmate for hours with box cutters, carved a pentagram on her chest, and bashed her skull open with a brick. Afterwards, she went back to school to show off the skull fragment with her other friends.
I'm pretty sure he was making a joking reference to the ancient witch executions.
 
She lured a fellow high school classmate into a kill house, where she and some of her friends tortured the classmate for hours with box cutters, carved a pentagram on her chest, and bashed her skull open with a brick. Afterwards, she went back to school to show off the skull fragment with her other friends.
ya but she served her time and was executed. not her fault the execution didn't work, twice.
 
I'm just saying....you're not going to in charge of Imperial executions. You would be a budgetary nightmare.
Didn't apply for that position you asshole. @bconcrete did, then demanded he be the first one executed which is quite the quagmire.
 
She lured a fellow high school classmate into a kill house, where she and some of her friends tortured the classmate for hours with box cutters, carved a pentagram on her chest, and bashed her skull open with a brick. Afterwards, she went back to school to show off the skull fragment with her other friends.
Another reason why this death penalty thing is probably on its way out, because of how we implement it. She did all that when she was 18. She's 50 now. Are we even executing the "same person" at this point? I doubt it. I mean, execute that evil girl within 2 years and I think everyone is on board. But 32 years later...what are we even doing. Some circus (circuit) court even granted her a second-to-last-minute stay of execution, the SCOTUS overruled it last-minute, and now this fiasco. This is a boon of data/talking points for the anti-capital-punishment crowd. What a mess.
 
Another reason why this death penalty thing is probably on its way out, because of how we implement it. She did all that when she was 18. She's 50 now. Are we even executing the "same person" at this point? I doubt it. I mean, execute that evil girl within 2 years and I think everyone is on board. But 32 years later...what are we even doing. Some circus (circuit) court even granted her a second-to-last-minute stay of execution, the SCOTUS overruled it last-minute, and now this fiasco. This is a boon of data/talking points for the anti-capital-punishment crowd. What a mess.
Disagree. I am not talking about someone killing someone in a bar fight, or running someone over due to cheating accusations. There was clear example of torture and sadism to another human. This is not something that can ever be changed or rehabilitated. People that do stuff like this force people serving time in prison for not as serious stuff (armed robbery, dope dealing, assault, ect) to have to kill in self defense and likely have their sentences extended to life. Some guy selling crack deserves his sentence. He doesn't deserve to spend time in gen pop with a fucking serial killer.

I do agree that the way the death penalty is handled here is idiotic. In Japan it's done much more quickly and ruthlessly.

Edit: Misread your post, I see you are not necessarily in favor of ending the death penalty, just that the way the US does it is half-assed.
 
Disagree. I am not talking about someone killing someone in a bar fight, or running someone over due to cheating accusations. There was clear example of torture and sadism to another human. This is not something that can ever be changed or rehabilitated. People that do stuff like this force people serving time in prison for not as serious stuff (armed robbery, dope dealing, assault, ect) to have to kill in self defense and likely have their sentences extended to life. Some guy selling crack deserves his sentence. He doesn't deserve to spend time in gen pop with a fucking serial killer.

I do agree that the way the death penalty is handled here is idiotic. In Japan it's done much more quickly and ruthlessly.

Edit: Misread your post, I see you are not necessarily in favor of ending the death penalty, just that the way the US does it is half-assed.
Yes, I was puzzled by your initial "disagree" statement at first, but I see we call came around to the same point. Good edit.
 
Back
Top