Policing

damn man this shit normally breaks my heart. but this kid chose this life, this or a life sentence was in his crystal ball
something
his mom (from the phone call) clearly didn't give a damn.

I also wonder about the cop. You let that kid sit there, right next to you WITH A PISTOL for an hour (it got dark i assume it was a while, not just a few minutes), you're lucky he didn't actually have any idea how to use it.

And screw that Karen that called them in. They are sitting on a park bench bothering no one and you call 911?????? OMG a 17 year old is drinking beer. stop the world. not driving, not starting trouble, not throwing rocks, just having a few beers.
 
@ABB I have a lot of clients from there that have vacation homes near me. When I try to talk to them about work, they're bitching about this guy within 5 minutes, like I give a fuck. You assholes voted for him, deal with it. Here's your bill, thank you, come again.
Nice of you to balance all the cat avatars with your dog
 
@ABB I have a lot of clients from there that have vacation homes near me. When I try to talk to them about work, they're bitching about this guy within 5 minutes, like I give a fuck. You assholes voted for him, deal with it. Here's your bill, thank you, come again.

Technically, the people who are in power in these entrenched cities/states that have had near one party rule for decades are there less due to who voted for them, and more due to the fact that 50+% of eligible voters don't bother to show up or get involved (outside of bitching on social media).

During the non-presidential elections my municipality is lucky to break 15% of eligible voters bothering to show up for election day. It's basically governmental employees voting for one another and their own interests... then a few random weirdos like me who vote against them to no avail.

Even during major elections (Mayor, Governor and President), it hovers between 50-60% on election day... and far fewer for the primaries to determine the candidates on election day.



Case in point, primaries happened a month ago out here:


This year’s primary turnout exceeded two of the last three midterm primary elections in Chicago, but it did not eclipse the 2018 election, during President Trump’s first term.

  • 2026 primary turnout: 27.3%
  • 2022 primary turnout: 22.8%
  • 2018 primary turnout: 32.6%
  • 2014 primary turnout: 16.5%

'Everyone' (including me) complains that the candidates are shit... but, only 27% of people bothered to vote in the primary to determine which candidates would be on the ballot.

For what it's worth, I do show up and cast my meaningless vote... I've even tried to get involved and support qualified grassroots candidate's at the local level... and it never makes a difference.
 
Technically, the people who are in power in these entrenched cities/states that have had near one party rule for decades are there less due to who voted for them, and more due to the fact that 50+% of eligible voters don't bother to show up or get involved (outside of bitching on social media).

During the non-presidential elections my municipality is lucky to break 15% of eligible voters bothering to show up for election day. It's basically governmental employees voting for one another and their own interests... then a few random weirdos like me who vote against them to no avail.

Even during major elections (Mayor, Governor and President), it hovers between 50-60% on election day... and far fewer for the primaries to determine the candidates on election day.



Case in point, primaries happened a month ago out here:


This year’s primary turnout exceeded two of the last three midterm primary elections in Chicago, but it did not eclipse the 2018 election, during President Trump’s first term.

  • 2026 primary turnout: 27.3%
  • 2022 primary turnout: 22.8%
  • 2018 primary turnout: 32.6%
  • 2014 primary turnout: 16.5%

'Everyone' (including me) complains that the candidates are shit... but, only 27% of people bothered to vote in the primary to determine which candidates would be on the ballot.

For what it's worth, I do show up and cast my meaningless vote... I've even tried to get involved and support qualified grassroots candidate's at the local level... and it never makes a difference.
If voting could change things they wouldn't let you do it
 
@ABB I have a lot of clients from there that have vacation homes near me. When I try to talk to them about work, they're bitching about this guy within 5 minutes, like I give a fuck. You assholes voted for him, deal with it. Here's your bill, thank you, come again.
Huh?

You talking about Gavin? Many of us didn't vote for him, he's a scumbag.

I don't quite understand your post, but it seems like the typical Fuck you to any and all Californians. So if so - Fuck You too
 
Huh?

You talking about Gavin? Many of us didn't vote for him, he's a scumbag.

I don't quite understand your post, but it seems like the typical Fuck you to any and all Californians. So if so - Fuck You too
Lmao. I was talking about NY, I forgot to hit the reply button to your post because I was baked. And fuck most Californians, not all them.
 
could go in many different threads.
but I'll put it here

Quick, Soul Sista & my Blck Bruhda, call Reverend Al Sharpton cause yo civil rights have been violated!

0*NlKYhl70ABoblEF0.
 
Back
Top