The Boxing thread

The division has a lot of up and coming prospects coming through but are in there 20s, where usually HW boxers don’t hit their peaks until they’re in their 30s. Usyk doing this puts major doubts for me. His next mandatory was Kabayel, who is more dangerous than anyone he’s faced of late. Good gas tank, big power, solid chin, young, technical, he’s a problem. Moses too if he disposes Hrgovic. Maybe after his last performance he has doubts on himself idk? Maybe he thinks they’re both legit threats to his undefeated record.

If he wants to take an easier fight to make one last pay cheque and retire with his record intact, then it’s smart. Lennox did the same at 38 when he fought Vitali and won on cuts, he knew that was a hard fight and probably doubted himself a bit so retired on his terms with £50 million. Sure he could’ve carried on a got a few big paydays, but at least he didn’t have to face younger hungry killers like they both once were. Usyk has still built an incredible legacy and gained hundreds of millions. Good luck to him. The HW division is wide open now though.
Man, I really wanted to see Usyk v Hrgovic. But yeah, lets see how this all shakes out
 
Not disputing your opinion but Hrgovich is like the boxing Volkov.. Usyk vs Kabayel and Ituama if he's that good already are what we missed
I hear ya. I think Hrgovic was stylistically interesting though. But he whiffed it against Dubois given how boxeo works
 
Man, I really wanted to see Usyk v Hrgovic. But yeah, lets see how this all shakes out
Not disputing your opinion but Hrgovich is like the boxing Volkov.. Usyk vs Kabayel and Ituama if he's that good already are what we missed
Hrgovic is good, he’s tall and long too with a strong jab and big right hand. He could potentially give Moses some concerns. I always felt he had cardio issues though cuz he always slowed down heavily after the 6th. If Moses murks him, Kabayel v Moses makes perfect sense
 
If I remember right, Hrgovic was winning that fight but lost to cuts. I only ever watched it once so my memory on that fight is not the best.
Dubois had flipped the momentum at that stage as well far as I remember

More than anything 2 years ago a loss at HW mattered a whole lot more than today. And he had been a mandatory a long time leading into that loss
 
Dubois had flipped the momentum at that stage as well far as I remember

More than anything 2 years ago a loss at HW mattered a whole lot more than today. And he had been a mandatory a long time leading into that loss
Yeah Hrgovics career has stalled somewhat. He was ranked high in every org. Had a hard fought win against Zhang, who everyone at the time was avoiding. Lost to DDD to cuts in the only defeat of his career for the vacant IBF title. Came back and fights old slow Joe Joyce, faces two English bums. I’m surprised he’s accepted the Moses fight really, he’s not going to learn beating up Dave Allen and David Adelaye ffs.

Looks like Usyk is fighting Wilder, imagine if he gets caught with that right hand?
 
Yeah Hrgovics career has stalled somewhat. He was ranked high in every org. Had a hard fought win against Zhang, who everyone at the time was avoiding. Lost to DDD to cuts in the only defeat of his career for the vacant IBF title. Came back and fights old slow Joe Joyce, faces two English bums. I’m surprised he’s accepted the Moses fight really, he’s not going to learn beating up Dave Allen and David Adelaye ffs.

Looks like Usyk is fighting Wilder, imagine if he gets caught with that right hand?
Im not understanding why this is the fairwell fight. But nah, I can't see Usyk getting caught
 
where did you see that
Eddie Hearn said it yesterday in his post fight press conference with Boots. I thought yeah yeah Eddie whatever, he’s just speculating but AJ does spar with Usyk so would be in the know. He also reminded me that Usyk did say he wanted Wilder about a month ago. I also saw something mentioned tonight on YT, if I can find it I’ll post it. He’s not fighting the mandatory so it makes sense that most HWs have fights coming up and the guy he wants to fight is Wilder.
 
Usyk relinquished the belts then said this is not a retirement and said he might have one more fight.
I get that that. But Wilder is the big goodbye? Not a circus fight or a spectacle?
 
Eddie Hearn said it yesterday in his post fight press conference with Boots. I thought yeah yeah Eddie whatever, he’s just speculating but AJ does spar with Usyk so would be in the know. He also reminded me that Usyk did say he wanted Wilder about a month ago. I also saw something mentioned tonight on YT, if I can find it I’ll post it. He’s not fighting the mandatory so it makes sense that most HWs have fights coming up and the guy he wants to fight is Wilder.
according to this and your following post I think that's far from a done deal
 
according to this and your following post I think that's far from a done deal

^I never said it was but in boxing circles Eddie will know something. It won’t be a done deal but I dare bet that talks are ongoing. He wants Wilder on his record I guess. We should see in the next week or so if the fight happens. Hearn also said he wants him to do the Ricco fight again. Fuck off with the Ricco fight, he did well but it’s over.
 

^I never said it was but in boxing circles Eddie will know something. It won’t be a done deal but I dare bet that talks are ongoing. He wants Wilder on his record I guess. We should see in the next week or so if the fight happens. Hearn also said he wants him to do the Ricco fight again. Fuck off with the Ricco fight, he did well but it’s over.
I'd much prefer Rico
 
I'd much prefer Rico
Ricco can certainly go on and make millions in boxing after that performance. He could end up being another Francis where he does well in one fight, goes on to fight another then gets murked. We’ll see but there’s other good fights out there other than Usyk.
 
Back
Top