Originally posted by: osubuckeye4
Date: March 26, 2026 at 01:14 PM
Source: https://forum.mmajunkie.com/threads/what-are-you-reading.13301/
LoneCowboy said:
sunk cost fallacy
like it's so bad you just have to finish to see how badly ti's going to end
I never said I was all that bright. Stubborn yes, bright......meh
Click to expand...
There are definitely tiers of bad.
Some bad stuff is so bad that it becomes unintentionally funny... like
The Room
or
Showgirls
. I have no problems sticking around for unintentionally funny stuff, or stuff that is so unaware of how over the top it is that it becomes captivating... only because I want to see how deep down the rabbit hole we're going to go.
Also, sometimes it turns out that the creator is in on the joke and flips the script in the 2nd half and the project actually ends up being good... even if it doesn't though, it can be wildly entertaining.
The stuff I'll walk away from these days is the mailed in, completely bland stuff. If we're 30+ minutes in and it's followed the same trope with generic writing that every movie in the genre follows and none of the cast is likeable, I'm out.