Racial Thread

looking at this whole thing in retrospect...

why did the defense choose to go to trial? why didn't they hunt for a plea deal? remove the emotion and this seems like a slam dunk. the defendant was in an area he wasn't supposed to be in, refused to leave, and met a light shove with a knife to the heart. without the ability to pull on the heart strings of the jury (the emotion), what the fuck did they have that lead them to believe they stood a shot at winning?

then there's some $600k in gofundme money and the unconfirmed word on the street is that they used a public defender? so random people put up enough money for adequate defense and...what?

did anyone inform them that BLM has a few black eyes and has become increasingly ineffective year after year?

there looks to be common sense flubs all over the place here. Jesus
 
looking at this whole thing in retrospect...

why did the defense choose to go to trial? why didn't they hunt for a plea deal? remove the emotion and this seems like a slam dunk. the defendant was in an area he wasn't supposed to be in, refused to leave, and met a light shove with a knife to the heart. without the ability to pull on the heart strings of the jury (the emotion), what the fuck did they have that lead them to believe they stood a shot at winning?

then there's some $600k in gofundme money and the unconfirmed word on the street is that they used a public defender? so random people put up enough money for adequate defense and...what?

did anyone inform them that BLM has a few black eyes and has become increasingly ineffective year after year?

there looks to be common sense flubs all over the place here. Jesus
I didn't follow this case super closely, but I did see a couple of talking heads on Fox or something talking about it and someone asked that same question about a plea deal. One of the legal experts said basically that the case was such an (as you stated) obvious slam dunk conviction that the prosecution didn't really feel the need to offer any kind of deal. So the defense probably did enquire, and the prosecution said "nah, we're good."
 
I didn't follow this case super closely, but I did see a couple of talking heads on Fox or something talking about it and someone asked that same question about a plea deal. One of the legal experts said basically that the case was such an (as you stated) obvious slam dunk conviction that the prosecution didn't really feel the need to offer any kind of deal. So the defense probably did enquire, and the prosecution said "nah, we're good."
I didn't follow it much either, just heard updates here and there via podcasts. but after hearing the reviews yesterday, that shit sounded like a total loser. like...what was the plan there? just tell the story and hope you can get a juror to defect from the group? hang your hat on a mistrial?

they shoulda been pestering the DA for a plea deal. what you said makes sense but there's always risk for both sides, the prosecutor doesn't wanna be embarrassed and walk away with egg on his face, they're always gonna look closely at a plea deal, that's the safest way for everyone. including the tax payers.

the kid and his advisors really shit the bed if they didn't ask, or passed up, the plea.

either way I just want my friends buckey to come back
 
looking at this whole thing in retrospect...

why did the defense choose to go to trial? why didn't they hunt for a plea deal? remove the emotion and this seems like a slam dunk. the defendant was in an area he wasn't supposed to be in, refused to leave, and met a light shove with a knife to the heart. without the ability to pull on the heart strings of the jury (the emotion), what the fuck did they have that lead them to believe they stood a shot at winning?

then there's some $600k in gofundme money and the unconfirmed word on the street is that they used a public defender? so random people put up enough money for adequate defense and...what?

did anyone inform them that BLM has a few black eyes and has become increasingly ineffective year after year?

there looks to be common sense flubs all over the place here. Jesus

I think they tried to racialize it from the start in hopes they'd get him off.

In recent days, people have exposed that the PR agent they hired initially is himself a felon who went to prison for shaking his girlfriends baby until it had brain damage. That's who they hired to represent karmelo and his image.

I personally felt like because of his age that the jury would settle on a lesser charge like mans laughter or criminally negligent homocide. They pretty much sealed his fate by fighting the charge at trial. I generally disagree with this entire concept; that if you dare take a case to trial, you will get a more harsh punishment. I find that troubling, and it leads to uneven justice.

Karmelo 100% could have taken a plea deal and got 10 years. The people supporting karmelo are terrible. I sometimes scroll tiktok, and I've heard a lot of black people saying the most racist shit about white people and celebrating the murder of austin, and they also toss in charlie kirk because at the end of the day a good size of the black community loves to see a white guy get murdered.

It's these racist black people who make the others look bad.
 
100% on the woman's side. I wish more people would call this shit out. Fuck you and your video you douchebag. This is VERY high up on my list of pet peeves. Just total main character syndrome. And of course the guy turns into a giant piece of shit when he is called out on his shitness. Fuck this guy.
this isn't even (totally) a racial thing. I hate the loudness of the phones and people talking on speaker phone in public. (boomers do this a lot). FUCK OFF. Go outside, use the phone like it's intended, the entire world does not need to hear your conversation or listen to your music or hear your video. I still go into the lobby if I get a phone call at a restaurant (that i need to answer, otherwise it can go to VM). Why should I disturb everyone else's meal? I thought it was just common courtesy but apparently not. I need to hear AT LOUD VOLUME everyone else's conversation, music, video, etc. There are definitely particular groups of people who are WAY LOUDER than others in public and have no volume control but it isn't limited to them. I hate this.

the world was better when it was quieter.
 
this isn't even (totally) a racial thing. I hate the loudness of the phones and people talking on speaker phone in public. (boomers do this a lot). FUCK OFF. Go outside, use the phone like it's intended, the entire world does not need to hear your conversation or listen to your music or hear your video. I still go into the lobby if I get a phone call at a restaurant (that i need to answer, otherwise it can go to VM). Why should I disturb everyone else's meal? I thought it was just common courtesy but apparently not. I need to hear AT LOUD VOLUME everyone else's conversation, music, video, etc. There are definitely particular groups of people who are WAY LOUDER than others in public and have no volume control but it isn't limited to them. I hate this.

the world was better when it was quieter.
For sure. And I hate to say this but my wife is a big culprit. I'll be watching a game or something and she'll want to spend time with me so she'll come and sit next to me and hang out which is cool. But 5 minutes later her phone is out and she's watching Facebook videos with the volume up... right fucking next to me! Like I wasn't here watching a game/show? Apparently the audio on my show doesn't matter. Man that makes me so mad. I've had this argument multiple times and it just doesn't get through. It will for about 3 days and then right back to the same shit.

Then I go to the gym and the same guy is there every weekend playing either gospel music or a CNN radio show full blast in the locker room and in the sauna. In the fucking sauna! I can't tell you how much restraint it takes every time not to fight this old guy. Every single other person in the gym has ear buds. Not this douche.
 
For sure. And I hate to say this but my wife is a big culprit. I'll be watching a game or something and she'll want to spend time with me so she'll come and sit next to me and hang out which is cool. But 5 minutes later her phone is out and she's watching Facebook videos with the volume up... right fucking next to me! Like I wasn't here watching a game/show? Apparently the audio on my show doesn't matter. Man that makes me so mad. I've had this argument multiple times and it just doesn't get through. It will for about 3 days and then right back to the same shit.

Then I go to the gym and the same guy is there every weekend playing either gospel music or a CNN radio show full blast in the locker room and in the sauna. In the fucking sauna! I can't tell you how much restraint it takes every time not to fight this old guy. Every single other person in the gym has ear buds. Not this douche.
Today I learned that you're also married to my wife. What a coincidence!
 
For sure. And I hate to say this but my wife is a big culprit. I'll be watching a game or something and she'll want to spend time with me so she'll come and sit next to me and hang out which is cool. But 5 minutes later her phone is out and she's watching Facebook videos with the volume up... right fucking next to me! Like I wasn't here watching a game/show? Apparently the audio on my show doesn't matter. Man that makes me so mad. I've had this argument multiple times and it just doesn't get through. It will for about 3 days and then right back to the same shit
Buy her headphones for her birthday
 
this isn't even (totally) a racial thing. I hate the loudness of the phones and people talking on speaker phone in public. (boomers do this a lot). FUCK OFF. Go outside, use the phone like it's intended, the entire world does not need to hear your conversation or listen to your music or hear your video. I still go into the lobby if I get a phone call at a restaurant (that i need to answer, otherwise it can go to VM). Why should I disturb everyone else's meal? I thought it was just common courtesy but apparently not. I need to hear AT LOUD VOLUME everyone else's conversation, music, video, etc. There are definitely particular groups of people who are WAY LOUDER than others in public and have no volume control but it isn't limited to them. I hate this.

the world was better when it was quieter.
@ABB @Eranys @osubuckeye4 @Rhino78 @a-mart
 
Back
Top