The Hip-Hop Thread

how to scratch a record...

Grandmaster Flash (drops the knowledge on scratching)
dj juggling the beats on CDJ's

DJ JAZZY JEFF juggling RUN-DMC's 'Peter Piper'
DJ Q-Bert @ DMC (1991)

 
GRAFFITI....
(a tag is a signature for a writer &
handstyles are basically another name for tags but with more emphasis on style & technique).

HANDSTYLEZ
EASY - NYC (HARLEM)
easyhandstylegraffiti-768x762.jpg
ZEPHYR - NYC (UPPER WEST SIDE)
zephyrhandstyle-768x535.jpg
KARMA - PHILLY
karmahandstyle-768x753.jpg
FUTURA - NYC (UPPER WEST SIDE)

rbcl68925vw5s0kb3dvntzw7cn38.jpg
SEEN - NYC (BRONX)
seen_04.jpg
 
Kid Capri on WBLS (107.5) NYC
Funk-n-Soul mix (1987)

recorded off the radio (sides a/b).. so the quality is not the best.... still history!
 

Rock Master Scott And The Dynamic Three​

"The Request Line" (Vocal)

Released: 1984​

...and the award for "Best use of this sample" goes to...
 
Last edited:
BOB JAMES SAMPLES
Bob James – "Take Me To The Mardi Gras" - 'Two' (1975)
Run-DMC – "Peter Piper" - 'Raising Hell' (1986)
this was the first rap song that made me decide that I'm done listening to thrash metal on Seton Halls Pirate Radio
Bob James – "Nautilus" - 'One' (1975)
Ghostface Killah – "Daytona 5000" - 'Ironman' (1996)

The Video
and at this point in life.... I became heavily influenced by East Coast Rap!
 
Can't be drinkin'
Cause it's a work night...
Wookey Wookey Wookey
DROP DROP
But I be a drinkin' those weed drinks
Kronik YO!
Wookey Wookey Wookey
DROP DROP
30 EmmGees is enough for a honkey.
Wookey Wookey Wookey
DROP DROP
Loving this life in 'Chobee YO!!
 
Can't be drinkin'
Cause it's a work night...
Wookey Wookey Wookey
DROP DROP
But I be a drinkin' those weed drinks
Kronik YO!
Wookey Wookey Wookey
DROP DROP
30 EmmGees is enough for a honkey.
Wookey Wookey Wookey
DROP DROP
Loving this life in 'Chobee YO!!
Beastie Boys – Brass Monkey (Instrumental)
now do it over this... and I expect more bars (not the ones you'te used to)

Brass Monkey (Vocal)

Recipe:
50/50 Malt Liquor (Olde English) & OJ (Tropicana)


that should get you in the spirit(s)!
 
Beastie Boys – Brass Monkey (Instrumental)
now do it over this... and I expect more bars (not the ones you'te used to)

Brass Monkey (Vocal)

Recipe:
50/50 Malt Liquor (Olde English) & OJ (Tropicana)


that should get you in the spirit(s)
I was there for it MAN!

And brass Monkey gave me a few hangovers, due to my Licence to Ill.
 
BOB JAMES SAMPLES
Bob James – "Take Me To The Mardi Gras" - 'Two' (1975)
Run-DMC – "Peter Piper" - 'Raising Hell' (1986)
this was the first rap song that made me decide that I'm done listening to thrash metal on Seton Halls Pirate Radio

Ghostface Killah – "Daytona 5000" - 'Ironman' (1996)
The Video
unavailable in the US! Sorry... and it was a good one!
and at this point in life.... I became heavily influenced by East Coast Rap!
just realized the Ghostface Audio & Video are not available in the USA! So I edited the audio version in this reply if you wish to view/listen...
 
Back
Top