mrducks
Blue Wing
Thanks man.I edited to give some history. If you're interested give it a read. Some of it regarding the Yakuza is speculation but very reasonable speculation
Thanks man.I edited to give some history. If you're interested give it a read. Some of it regarding the Yakuza is speculation but very reasonable speculation
Boxing still massive in UK. We got all the HWsThere really is some good talent out there to watch. The promotion is what is currently screwing up boxing's popularity. It's just not really a mainstream sport like it used to be. There's no Mike Tyson to grip the attention of the entire world anymore. Good fighters exist, but do you think maybe MMA has shackled the boxing attention some?
I prefer the women who know how to attend to a puck attentively, as during a curling match.Absolutely. Watching boxing is like dating a rugby player with a nice personality after you got used to a bitch who plays tennis.
Only thing a rugby player is curling is a big ol' dumpI prefer the women who know how to attend to a puck attentively, as during a curling match.
Very true. I'm still a Fury fan, despite his setbacks recently. Also like Anthony Joshua and Daniel DuBois.Boxing still massive in UK. We got all the HWs
Rugby is from Australia, in my mind. Boxing is from the UK.Only thing a rugby player is curling is a big ol' dump
Of those I only like Dubois. Wardley is a mentalist. Just bezerk guts. I thought the young guy was the one to doiminate though until last week. Now I can't even remember his nameVery true. I'm still a Fury fan, despite his setbacks recently. Also like Anthony Joshua and Daniel DuBois.
Rugby is very much English. It's named after an English town after all. Soccer evolved from it and is considered a game for gentlemen played by thugs, where Rugby is a game for thugs played by gentlemenRugby is from Australia, in my mind. Boxing is from the UK.
You are right, though, that Queensberry rules were set in England, specifically London.Of those I only like Dubois. Wardley is a mentalist. Just bezerk guts. I thought the young guy was the one to doiminate though until last week. Now I can't even remember his name
Now UK is dominant. Lennox was probably the best ever because boxing peaked in the 90s. Like rap.You are right, though, that Queensberry rules were set in England, specifically London.
UK has the richest history of boxing. But USA made it even more renowned.
I don't have a favorite boxer right now. I used to like that fray haired dude from the U.K. Lennox Lewis. I would agree that U.S and England have split the crown on heavyweight boxing champs. Without looking into the figures. Just from an observational view.
Fisting is better with larger gloves apparentlyNo thanks, giant pillow fisted bullshit. Maybe watch if they had 4oz gloves.
My dad was a big boxing fan. I still remember that we went to my Godfather's house on the night of the Gerry Cooney / Larry Holmes fight when I was a kid. That was one of the biggest events back then, on par with a world series or superbowl.No thanks, giant pillow fisted bullshit. Maybe watch if they had 4oz gloves.
Oh yeah. White America really wanted him to be legit. Later they re-activated him and Foreman nearly killed the poor guy.My dad was a big boxing fan. I still remember that we went to my Godfather's house on the night of the Gerry Cooney / Larry Holmes fight when I was a kid. That was one of the biggest events back then, on par with a world series or superbowl.
That was when I was only like 8 or 9 or something. But that left an impression on me for life, as a fight fan.
Sugar Ray Lennard was popular by us, because he lived in Maryland or DC I think. Everyone loved Sugar Ray.Oh yeah. White America really wanted him to be legit. Later they re-activated him and Foreman nearly killed the poor guy.
For me it was guys like Kirkland Laing and Nigel Benn, but before that definitely Hagler and Hearns.
Despite him actually being a coke head douche bag back in the day. People also loved Mayweather I believe.Sugar Ray Lennard was popular by us, because he lived in Maryland or DC I think. Everyone loved Sugar Ray.
Many of our heros have bad baggage attached, that we would rather not know about.Despite him actually being a coke head douche bag back in the day. People also loved Mayweather I believe.
Both are so good looking it was difficult to belive they had such bad habits.
Leonard was a real dog though. I still watch his fights. Such tenacity. The 2nd Hearns fight he was out of it but somehow pulled it back to get a fake draw. Tommy was always too nice a guy. Now he's senile and his whole family has swindled him to the point of homelessness. Extremely sad and a benevolent lawyer has had to make an intervention. He couldn't get the scumbags away from him but has shamed them into at least looking after their benefactor a little more.
Excellent point. I avoid social media but still get way too much info. about the fighters. Def. better to be blissfully ignorant.Many of our heros have bad baggage attached, that we would rather not know about.
It's not a matter of ignorance, because we do actually know it's out there. It's a matter of avoiding reality. Look past the bad stuff and not let it enter our world of happiness.Excellent point. I avoid social media but still get way too much info. about the fighters. Def. better to be blissfully ignorant.
I'd say the phrase 'blissful ignorance' is just what you describe. Not real ignorance. That's mainly about shoes.It's not a matter of ignorance, because we do actually know it's out there. It's a matter of avoiding reality. Look past the bad stuff and not let it enter our world of happiness.