NOCHE UFC: Silva vs Delgado | Glendale

There really is some good talent out there to watch. The promotion is what is currently screwing up boxing's popularity. It's just not really a mainstream sport like it used to be. There's no Mike Tyson to grip the attention of the entire world anymore. Good fighters exist, but do you think maybe MMA has shackled the boxing attention some?
Boxing still massive in UK. We got all the HWs
 
Very true. I'm still a Fury fan, despite his setbacks recently. Also like Anthony Joshua and Daniel DuBois.
Of those I only like Dubois. Wardley is a mentalist. Just bezerk guts. I thought the young guy was the one to doiminate though until last week. Now I can't even remember his name
 
Rugby is from Australia, in my mind. Boxing is from the UK.
Rugby is very much English. It's named after an English town after all. Soccer evolved from it and is considered a game for gentlemen played by thugs, where Rugby is a game for thugs played by gentlemen
 
Of those I only like Dubois. Wardley is a mentalist. Just bezerk guts. I thought the young guy was the one to doiminate though until last week. Now I can't even remember his name
You are right, though, that Queensberry rules were set in England, specifically London.

UK has the richest history of boxing. But USA made it even more renowned.

I don't have a favorite boxer right now. I used to like that fray haired dude from the U.K. Lennox Lewis. I would agree that U.S and England have split the crown on heavyweight boxing champs. Without looking into the figures. Just from an observational view.
 
You are right, though, that Queensberry rules were set in England, specifically London.

UK has the richest history of boxing. But USA made it even more renowned.

I don't have a favorite boxer right now. I used to like that fray haired dude from the U.K. Lennox Lewis. I would agree that U.S and England have split the crown on heavyweight boxing champs. Without looking into the figures. Just from an observational view.
Now UK is dominant. Lennox was probably the best ever because boxing peaked in the 90s. Like rap.
 
No thanks, giant pillow fisted bullshit. Maybe watch if they had 4oz gloves.
My dad was a big boxing fan. I still remember that we went to my Godfather's house on the night of the Gerry Cooney / Larry Holmes fight when I was a kid. That was one of the biggest events back then, on par with a world series or superbowl.

That was when I was only like 8 or 9 or something. But that left an impression on me for life, as a fight fan.
 
My dad was a big boxing fan. I still remember that we went to my Godfather's house on the night of the Gerry Cooney / Larry Holmes fight when I was a kid. That was one of the biggest events back then, on par with a world series or superbowl.

That was when I was only like 8 or 9 or something. But that left an impression on me for life, as a fight fan.
Oh yeah. White America really wanted him to be legit. Later they re-activated him and Foreman nearly killed the poor guy.
For me it was guys like Kirkland Laing and Nigel Benn, but before that definitely Hagler and Hearns.
 
Oh yeah. White America really wanted him to be legit. Later they re-activated him and Foreman nearly killed the poor guy.
For me it was guys like Kirkland Laing and Nigel Benn, but before that definitely Hagler and Hearns.
Sugar Ray Lennard was popular by us, because he lived in Maryland or DC I think. Everyone loved Sugar Ray.
 
Sugar Ray Lennard was popular by us, because he lived in Maryland or DC I think. Everyone loved Sugar Ray.
Despite him actually being a coke head douche bag back in the day. People also loved Mayweather I believe.
Both are so good looking it was difficult to belive they had such bad habits.
Leonard was a real dog though. I still watch his fights. Such tenacity. The 2nd Hearns fight he was out of it but somehow pulled it back to get a fake draw. Tommy was always too nice a guy. Now he's senile and his whole family has swindled him to the point of homelessness. Extremely sad and a benevolent lawyer has had to make an intervention. He couldn't get the scumbags away from him but has shamed them into at least looking after their benefactor a little more.
 
Despite him actually being a coke head douche bag back in the day. People also loved Mayweather I believe.
Both are so good looking it was difficult to belive they had such bad habits.
Leonard was a real dog though. I still watch his fights. Such tenacity. The 2nd Hearns fight he was out of it but somehow pulled it back to get a fake draw. Tommy was always too nice a guy. Now he's senile and his whole family has swindled him to the point of homelessness. Extremely sad and a benevolent lawyer has had to make an intervention. He couldn't get the scumbags away from him but has shamed them into at least looking after their benefactor a little more.
Many of our heros have bad baggage attached, that we would rather not know about.
 
Excellent point. I avoid social media but still get way too much info. about the fighters. Def. better to be blissfully ignorant.
It's not a matter of ignorance, because we do actually know it's out there. It's a matter of avoiding reality. Look past the bad stuff and not let it enter our world of happiness.
 
It's not a matter of ignorance, because we do actually know it's out there. It's a matter of avoiding reality. Look past the bad stuff and not let it enter our world of happiness.
I'd say the phrase 'blissful ignorance' is just what you describe. Not real ignorance. That's mainly about shoes.
 
Back
Top