WAR

For example have you seen the hoard of people from your side who think that a woman should go free after brutally murdering her three kids with exercise bands because her hormones made her sad?
My side? I was an America-first conservative before you could read and write. What we have today from the Party of Trump is neither America First nor conservative.


Yeah, but the difference between us is that I KNOW I don't know anything except what they want me told, so I draw absolutely zero definitive conclusions about it, unlike what you did above.

I don't know shite from shinola. You make that clear often and I am grateful for it....sometimes. So, yeah making a conclusion due to my distaste for Rubio was probably the wrong angle. I happened to see E's post after seeing a tweet from Benny Johnson about this in another thread talking about the UK being inept for releasing 5 terrorists and I brought my ire here when I read E's post. That retard (johnson) has no concept of how publicly determining outcomes without due process or any rights whatsoever is very dangerous, and it was sickening to me that he had thousands of likes. Again, not conservative thinking in any way, but that guy is propped up by too many as the next great Trump pundit.

Not anyone's fault but my own for all of this, and I should know better when already in a shit mood to start anything but a friendly conversation.

I hope you have a great rest of your day.
 
I have no idea why you're trying to conflate them.
Missed this.

Brown people are bad to Maga. Benny Johnson calls 5 brown UK citizens terrorists without proof. Maga destroys the political career of someone simply because he has the wrong name. Probably a stretch to anyone that isn't versed on the strange workings of my mind. I'm simply tired of the hate used to foment people into a frenzy. Should probably stay away for a bit as the narrative here is very much an echo chamber.
 
My side? I was an America-first conservative before you could read and write. What we have today from the Party of Trump is neither America First nor conservative.
And the views you espouse lately are not conservative either. It doesn't matter what you WERE, it matters what you ARE.

Lately you have been advocating for more government intervention in everyday life, higher taxation (particularly in regards to state funded medical care), globalistic policies, anti-Israel sentiments, I mean, I could keep going but i do have limited time. Really the only truly conservative position I can point to that you have expressed is anti-foreign war.

AND THATS OK. I don't care. I have friends from all over the political spectrum, it doesn't bother me what someone else believes until they choose to insult me for what I believe.
I don't know shite from shinola. You make that clear often and I am grateful for it....sometimes. So, yeah making a conclusion due to my distaste for Rubio was probably the wrong angle. I happened to see E's post after seeing a tweet from Benny Johnson about this in another thread talking about the UK being inept for releasing 5 terrorists and I brought my ire here when I read E's post. That retard (johnson) has no concept of how publicly determining outcomes without due process or any rights whatsoever is very dangerous, and it was sickening to me that he had thousands of likes. Again, not conservative thinking in any way, but that guy is propped up by too many as the next great Trump pundit.

Not anyone's fault but my own for all of this, and I should know better when already in a shit mood to start anything but a friendly conversation.

I hope you have a great rest of your day.
You have a good day too. Turn off the doom-porn and go for a walk. Life is beautiful and we exist during the most prosperous and best time in all of human history. It's not that bad man.
 
Last edited:
Missed this.

Brown people are bad to Maga. Benny Johnson calls 5 brown UK citizens terrorists without proof. Maga destroys the political career of someone simply because he has the wrong name. Probably a stretch to anyone that isn't versed on the strange workings of my mind. I'm simply tired of the hate used to foment people into a frenzy. Should probably stay away for a bit as the narrative here is very much an echo chamber.
And my point was illustrating a similar echo chamber that exists in the other side and is completely applauded by them as well. You criticize the MAGA echo chamber, and rightfully so, but let's not act like this is somehow unique to them.

And I frankly find the 'white men are all racist and evil, everything is their fault no matter what' and 'women can do no wrong, it's not their fault' echo chambers to be much more damaging than MAGA's imbecilic takes.
 
Maybe not racial profiling after all

UK PM: 'Strong indications of Iranian involvement in incident near American base'

British Prime Minister Andy Burnham said there are "strong indications" that Iran was involved in an incident near the U.S. Air Force base in the town of Fairford in Gloucestershire, England. Burnham added that British and American officials are conducting a "complex and serious" investigation into how five men and three vans arrived near Royal Air Force Fairford.
 
Maybe not racial profiling after all

UK PM: 'Strong indications of Iranian involvement in incident near American base'

British Prime Minister Andy Burnham said there are "strong indications" that Iran was involved in an incident near the U.S. Air Force base in the town of Fairford in Gloucestershire, England. Burnham added that British and American officials are conducting a "complex and serious" investigation into how five men and three vans arrived near Royal Air Force Fairford.
I'm glad they're doing a serious investigation.

Would've been real weird to do a complex but unserious investigation
 
Maybe not racial profiling after all

UK PM: 'Strong indications of Iranian involvement in incident near American base'

British Prime Minister Andy Burnham said there are "strong indications" that Iran was involved in an incident near the U.S. Air Force base in the town of Fairford in Gloucestershire, England. Burnham added that British and American officials are conducting a "complex and serious" investigation into how five men and three vans arrived near Royal Air Force Fairford.
It seemed pretty clear that they were not doing ordinary sightseeing. Just because they had no explosives doesn't mean they are innocent. There is no cultural barrier to understanding that 5 military aged males in multiple vans packed with canisters of gasoline approaching a secured military installation would be viewed suspiciously. There is no country in the world where this would not be understood.
 
more government intervention in everyday life, higher taxation (particularly in regards to state funded medical care), globalistic policies, anti-Israel sentiments,
The first one I cannot think of a single thing I said to create more government. Oh wait, I did say we need to put safety rails around AI, so that is one.

State funded medical care for all is an inevitability. Hell, 40% of all Americans already receive that evil know as "socialized medicine" through Medicare or Medicaid, so we are already almost there. And to get there does not require an increase in taxes, an assumption you made without us having a conversation about it. I would cut military spending by 80% from Trump's current $1.5T military budget and eliminate all military foreign aid. Not only would we still pay as much for our military as any other country in the world, we would reduce TOTAL healthcare expenditures by US citizens by over $1T, allowing monthly premiums for care and co-pays to be drastically reduced.

What globalistic policies? America First means Fuck everyone else, which is why I believe that the most industrialized nation on the planet join every single other industrialized nation on the planet by providing healthcare to its citizens. 2/3's of Americans agree with me.

Israel...so yeah, I am guilty on that one. I'd prefer all the war mongers in the Middle East (all of them) eliminated each other and the land and monuments that they have been fighting over for 3,000 years so no one can every control any of it ever again and we do not get sucked inot an unwinnable war ever again. Then there is no real problem. That does not mean I am pro-Iran or even pro-Palestine, although I do believe that every person on this planet should have the right to self-determination and the current state of Gaza does not allow that. Reminds me too much of Northern Irish Catholics not having the right to vote, getting mad about it, fighting back about it, then being called "terrorists" when simply wanting the freedom to choose and the power to vote. This is again a place that I do not know enough about other than big picture stuff.
 
It seemed pretty clear that they were not doing ordinary sightseeing. Just because they had no explosives doesn't mean they are innocent. There is no cultural barrier to understanding that 5 military aged males in multiple vans packed with canisters of gasoline approaching a secured military installation would be viewed suspiciously. There is no country in the world where this would not be understood.
So they didn't happen to stroll there in the middle of the night with face coverings?

BTW they had chargers in the vehicle just not "useable" from my understanding

I'll check
 
having the right to vote, getting mad about it, fighting back about it, then being called "terrorists" when simply wanting the freedom to choose and the power to vote
They do have the right to vote. They voted in Hamas. What makes you think they don't vote?

Here's my issue with some things you have said, starting with your support of Macklemore. He's not just pro-palestine, he's openly antisemitic (among other really terrible positions), and not even subtle about it. Your words veer past just pro-palestine at times and I think you are either not in touch with your true feelings or you are trying to hide them.
 
They do have the right to vote. They voted in Hamas. What makes you think they don't vote?
Yep, democratically elected

Further, there are millions of Arabs in Israel with the right to vote. The whole Israeli oppression of Arabs is one of biggest myths on the planet.
Their success in propaganda is only second to their inability to do anything with all the money they're getting other than build tunnels every two meters
 
The first one I cannot think of a single thing I said to create more government. Oh wait, I did say we need to put safety rails around AI, so that is one.

State funded medical care for all is an inevitability. Hell, 40% of all Americans already receive that evil know as "socialized medicine" through Medicare or Medicaid, so we are already almost there. And to get there does not require an increase in taxes, an assumption you made without us having a conversation about it. I would cut military spending by 80% from Trump's current $1.5T military budget and eliminate all military foreign aid. Not only would we still pay as much for our military as any other country in the world, we would reduce TOTAL healthcare expenditures by US citizens by over $1T, allowing monthly premiums for care and co-pays to be drastically reduced.
I disagree on it being an inevitablitiy, and the way to get there. Not saying the military isn't bloated and shouldn't be trimmed, but there's much more meat on the bone elsewhere. Particularly when we currently spend 50% of our spending on social programs already, and those are already rife with abuse.

How about we pare that 50% down a measly 10% through audits and other basic tools to prevent fraud, waste and abuse to just 40% of total spending? You've achieved the same net result as cutting the military budget 50% (assuming you use the 20% of overall spending for defense and not the 13% number, which I feel is understated drastically).

And hey, since we're doing this with our magic wand, how about instead of federally subsidizing health care, we focus on insurance/medical/pharmaceutical industry reform so that we don't NEED to subsidize health care in the first damn place. Seems a much more intelligent solution than band-aiding a broken system with tax payer dollars.
What globalistic policies? America First means Fuck everyone else, which is why I believe that the most industrialized nation on the planet join every single other industrialized nation on the planet by providing healthcare to its citizens. 2/3's of Americans agree with me.
America First means that we fix the problems at home before trying to help others. We're not the world's daddy, a vast majority (far more than 2/3) of the world has made it clear they hate us. That is until they need us to show up with our money. Then they can't stick their hand out fast enough.

So, yeah, if you define "fuck everyone else" as "leave them to their own devices because we have better shit to do than fix the problems of a world that professes to hate us" then.. yeah, fuck'm. They can deal live without us and we'll focus on taking care of our own first.

And don't even get me started on the government healthcare for citizens lol. We've been subsidizing that for Europe for a good while by carrying the lions share of NATO. The money THEY should have spent on defense to protect their own asses, the vast majority turned around and spent on social health care. So part of our ballooned defense budget can be directly traced to covering European collective ass from an inept Russian threat they're still only marginally capable of dealing with on their own. Which is embarrassing.

AND to boot, these European countries by and large have added a VAT tax to help pay for it all, so the typical European has far less discretionary income than the typical American. Those policies in particular harm the bottom 50% disproportionately, and I really don't want that over here. They can keep that silly shit in Europe, I work hard for my money, and I'm not keen to pay a tax on every good I buy to fund health care and social programs for others. I'm just not, call me selfish, but I believe we should have social safety nets to catch you if you fall, not social hammocks for people to be comfortable living on the bottom without the financial pressure to be upwardly mobile.

Finally, there is a reason that the majority of medical research and breakthroughs occur in the United States and not nations with socialized health care. Like our MIC, as fucked as it may be on an individual level, it DOES produce a positive result on a societal level. Our free-market approach and strong patent protections encourage private companies and venture capitalists to fund high-risk biomedical and medical device research, AND nearly 70% of newly approved medicines are launched first in the United States, giving us the fastest access to cutting-edge treatments. So yeah, not in a hurry to see that go away personally

Full disclosure, I am an isolationist and believe we should have a bare minimum of foreign involvement, period.
 
Full disclosure, I am an isolationist and believe we should have a bare minimum of foreign involvement, period.
I had a few snipped quotes and threw them all out when I realized that this last sentence makes us blood brothers.

But I also cannot tolerate the corporatocracy of this country, and these feelings come from our health care industry and how United Healthcare pays the doctor who says you do not need the procedure, to the pharmacy who says they are not approved to give you the pills you need, to the PBM who sets cost of your drug against how much consumers pay versus actual margin or set pricing, to the benefits manager that makes you drive to 5 different places to get all your medical needs filled, to the actual insurer who is going to instantly deny coverage regardless of reason and force you to take too many hours to try to fight them (and lose more than 50% of the time).

And since United Healthcare, et al, and their biggest shareholders, are behind about 30% of all political money, there is no way to change our current system without an FDR level New Deal that gets whisked through when the right sequence of events happen. Hell, Barry O, who had a full proof opportunity to make it happen only chose to get the ACA through, and that has caused prices to skyrocket, even if there were original good intentions to that bill. By the time the insurance companies re-wrote it, it sealed our fate.

We need a magic wand. Or a revolution. I think realistically they are both about as likely to occur.
 
I had a few snipped quotes and threw them all out when I realized that this last sentence makes us blood brothers.

But I also cannot tolerate the corporatocracy of this country, and these feelings come from our health care industry and how United Healthcare pays the doctor who says you do not need the procedure, to the pharmacy who says they are not approved to give you the pills you need, to the PBM who sets cost of your drug against how much consumers pay versus actual margin or set pricing, to the benefits manager that makes you drive to 5 different places to get all your medical needs filled, to the actual insurer who is going to instantly deny coverage regardless of reason and force you to take too many hours to try to fight them (and lose more than 50% of the time).

And since United Healthcare, et al, and their biggest shareholders, are behind about 30% of all political money, there is no way to change our current system without an FDR level New Deal that gets whisked through when the right sequence of events happen. Hell, Barry O, who had a full proof opportunity to make it happen only chose to get the ACA through, and that has caused prices to skyrocket, even if there were original good intentions to that bill. By the time the insurance companies re-wrote it, it sealed our fate.

We need a magic wand. Or a revolution. I think realistically they are both about as likely to occur.
I disagree with absolutely none of what you just said.

See, even people who have deep philosophical and ideological differences can find large points of common ground and agreement. We just gotta stop assuming the other side is full of ill-intentioned idiots and talk ;)

And really, I've said this a lot and will continue to harp on it: its not the left vs the right, that's just the distraction. It's the tippy top vs everyone else. Same as its always been.
 
They do have the right to vote. They voted in Hamas. What makes you think they don't vote?

Here's my issue with some things you have said, starting with your support of Macklemore. He's not just pro-palestine, he's openly antisemitic (among other really terrible positions), and not even subtle about it. Your words veer past just pro-palestine at times and I think you are either not in touch with your true feelings or you are trying to hide them.
Every Western nation questioned the integrity of that vote for Hamas, even though no opposition parties in Gaza did, then Israel instantly put a full military and economic blockade on Gaza when the prior regime dissolved before Hamas actually took any power. But I guess, you are right that they actually filled in check marks on a ballot 20 years ago. None since. Funny how self-determination is not self-determination when your more powerful neighbor doesn't like the results of your self-determination.

Show me one instance of him being OPENLY anti-semitic? Not just you misinterpreting his words or actions. Also, what are the other terrible positions?

Thank you for the psychoanalysis. Once again, someone who cannot separate the politics of the government of a country from the people of the country. I must hate all of "them" because I criticize a terrible regime and its defenders, question its motives, and point out the hypocrisy of their pre-emptive "defensive" war mongering.
 
I disagree with absolutely none of what you just said.

See, even people who have deep philosophical and ideological differences can find large points of common ground and agreement. We just gotta stop assuming the other side is full of ill-intentioned idiots and talk ;)

And really, I've said this a lot and will continue to harp on it: its not the left vs the right, that's just the distraction. It's the tippy top vs everyone else. Same as its always been.

I do not think our real differences are that deep.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ABB
Funny how self-determination is not self-determination when your more powerful neighbor doesn't like the results of your self-determination.
Lol

What's funny is your lack of knowledge or understanding of anything that happened then and since

Keep blaming Israel and treat them like fucking innocent babies bro
 
Lol

What's funny is your lack of knowledge or understanding of anything that happened then and since

Keep blaming Israel and treat them like fucking innocent babies bro
He's admitted he's not very well versed in the history of the region, and for someone with strong Irish ties I can understand where they would draw parallels between the two.

Especially when thats what the propaganda pushed is explicitly designed to do. Let's be real Marty, Iran/Hamas and the like, they run circles around the rest of the world, including all of us, when it comes to the propaganda game.

Can't be mad at people when it works like it's designed.
 
Back
Top