Triple M Junkie Idol Game thread

The Interstellar scene is not at all remorse. He isn't filled with self reproach or shame because he's making a sacrifice for humanity. Great movie, but that was not remorse
Good intentions under false pretense and grew to regret his decision. He was remorseful that his kids grew up without him, had their own families and (most of them) died while he was stuck in space

"Self-reproach is the act of criticizing, blaming, or finding fault with yourself. It is a feeling of deep regret or censure by your own conscience—usually experienced when you feel you have made a mistake"

He definitely thinks he made a mistake leaving at this point of the movie
 
That's why the write up was there. To provide context. Most of these clips don't have enough to go on without seeing the movie, so that's why we submitted write ups.

Worst judging this round.
200w.gif
 
Haha, we don't even have recycling pickup in Alaska. Environmentalists in CA would think this was a dystopian nightmare up here.
I shit you not when I tell you that 90% of the time I throw something in the trash in public I have to think about which can to put it in.

Here's the kicker - I know the dirty little secret bc I go to the dumps a lot. I see the same 20' tall stacks of bundled cardboard for months.

They ain't being recycled
 
Good intentions under false pretense and grew to regret his decision. He was remorseful that his kids grew up without him, had their own families and (most of them) died while he was stuck in space

"Self-reproach is the act of criticizing, blaming, or finding fault with yourself. It is a feeling of deep regret or censure by your own conscience—usually experienced when you feel you have made a mistake"

He definitely thinks he made a mistake leaving at this point of the movie

None if this matters now. But if you pick the same MMA topic as me again next round...

tenor.gif
 
Oh reeeeeeeeally
Oh she fucked you too? Yeah me as well. Two 7s, a 6 to my opponent like he got and I would’ve been ok with that, still in contention, then her 10 pretty much killed me with 2.5 points behind going into the final round against a MMA overlord geek 🙄 That’s going to be difficult to beat.

I can’t fault her too much though. She’s been good to me in the last 2 idols and in Brugge is a fantastic movie but a 10 for that? Nah, that was a solid 7. 7/5 easily. Thing I’ve noticed with her judging is if she loves something, she’ll give good marks, regardless of the scene. Good scene for the category sure, but still not a 10 for me.

Going to have to pull off 9/10s by 3 judges and a solid 5.5/6 from Brick. Impossible feat.
 
@Nastycrow: Never seen that movie so I was wondering where the hell the scene was going. Then the crying and the confession. I like Colin Farrell but, I don't know, I don't think his acting was up to par in that scene, seemed a bit forced. So, 5/10

The movies fucking tremendous. I’ve watched it many times. It’s hilarious, dark, action packed, the writing/actings top notch. You have to check it out man. Don’t judge one scene that should’ve gotten 7s.
 
Last edited:
My pick was risky. I get that. Comparing the 3rd Godfather to one and two was difficult. Good movie? Meh, on the same level as the first two? Certainly not. I explained it as such that it wasent a strong movie or scene from the franchise. Did it meet the criteria of remorse? Absolutely. It certainly did. You don’t have to like it to score right.

I cannot stand Careless Whisper, it’s up there as one of the worst songs in history as far as I’m concerned to listen too. Guess what? It had a trumpet playing in the background so it fit the category, fit the criteria. I didn’t have to like it to score it 10s, 9s like it deservedly did. Same for my choice. You don’t like the movie, don’t like the scene, ok, it still more than qualifies for remorse and Goodcat was the only judge that realised that.
 
None if this matters now. But if you pick the same MMA topic as me again next round...

tenor.gif
I honestly was gonna go with Manchester by the sea but I only read about it. I was on the beach when doing my write up so wanted to do a write up about something I've watched so I could just write shit and fill space

Remember, neither of us (really) want to go through to the next round lol
 
My pick was risky. I get that. Comparing the 3rd Godfather to one and two was difficult. Good movie? Meh, on the same level as the first two? Certainly not. I explained it as such that it wasent a strong movie or scene from the franchise. Did it meet the criteria of remorse? Absolutely. It certainly did. You don’t have to like it to score right.

I cannot stand Careless Whisper, it’s up there as one of the worst songs in history as far as I’m concerned to listen too. Guess what? It had a trumpet playing in the background so it fit the category, fit the criteria. I didn’t have to like it to score it 10s, 9s like it deservedly did. Same for my choice. You don’t like the movie, don’t like the scene, ok, it still more than qualifies for remorse and Goodcat was the only judge that realised that.
I actually do like the movie I just thought other scenes were better. If you read my comments its very rare I've actually seen an entry I don't watch many films and not horror films so I suppose ones I have seen I get the context more hence the higher score
 
Last edited:
Oh she fucked you too? Yeah me as well. Two 7s, a 6 to my opponent like he got and I would’ve been ok with that, still in contention, then her 10 pretty much killed me with 2.5 points behind going into the final round against a MMA overlord geek 🙄 That’s going to be difficult to beat.

I can’t fault her too much though. She’s been good to me in the last 2 idols and in Brugge is a fantastic movie but a 10 for that? Nah, that was a solid 7. 7/5 easily. Thing I’ve noticed with her judging is if she loves something, she’ll give good marks, regardless of the scene. Good scene for the category sure, but still not a 10 for me.

Going to have to pull off 9/10s by 3 judges and a solid 5.5/6 from Brick. Impossible feat.
It's all good, @Webble can have a wobble every now and again
 
Haven't read Cujo. But what got me so interested in The Dark Tower series is when I read about the connection between it and The Mist.

I haven't read too much King yet. I've read It, Salem's Lot, and a few of his novellas like The Mist.
And like 30 other books. Crimson King, Man in Black, Tower, Rose, Turtle, etc.
 
That's why the write up was there. To provide context. Most of these clips don't have enough to go on without seeing the movie, so that's why we submitted write ups.

Worst judging this round.
Wait til you see next round!!
 
Back
Top