Triple M Junkie Idol Game thread

What like some "it was all a dream" cheat ending? Hell no. That would have absolutely sucked.
No, he really did it. He was just in an alternate reality thinking he was fighting the Mist, when in reality he was actually insane and only snapped out of the delusion after he killed his own family. There was no mist... that was in his brain. Obviously they'd have to change up a few things but that would be way more psychological than this ham fisted ending.
 
No, he really did it... he was just in an alternate reality thinking he was fighting the Mist. When in reality he was insane and only snapped out of the delusion after he killed his own family. There was no mist... that was in his brain. Obviously they'd have to change up a few things but that's would be way more psychological than this ham fisted ending.
Ooo that would have been better
 
Perhaps my comment was misinterpreted (or poorly written) coming right after the breaking bad entry. You did provide context in the write up but what I was meaning to say was that without that, the scene sucked balls and told me nothing. At least the breaking bad clip had some meat with or without the write up. This one was a whiny biatch crying on the floor. So your write up was fine, the clip just sucked. No points deducted. Just a crappy clip.
That's why the write up was there. To provide context. Most of these clips don't have enough to go on without seeing the movie, so that's why we submitted write ups.

Worst judging this round.
 
No, he really did it. He was just in an alternate reality thinking he was fighting the Mist, when in reality he was actually insane and only snapped out of the delusion after he killed his own family. There was no mist... that was in his brain. Obviously they'd have to change up a few things but that would be way more psychological than this ham fisted ending.
nice, sort of like a Shutter Island twist?
 
this guy doesn't even separate his recycling appropriately. and defends the personally intolerable: cheese.
Haha, we don't even have recycling pickup in Alaska. Environmentalists in CA would think this was a dystopian nightmare up here.
 
Come on now... that ending was ridiculous. The guy shoots his kid and literally 3 seconds later absolutely everything they were running from the whole movie just disappears?? They spent the entire movie trying to avoid this fate and they give up just 3 seconds too soon??? 3 seconds!!! I fucking HATE that ending lol. So ridiculous and just there for shock value.

They should have threw a real curve ball in there and went deeper.... the Mist was some metaphor for this guy being an IRL serial killer or something. This mist was all playing out in his mind but when he killed his family he finally snapped back to reality. Now THAT would have been a better and more remorseful ending.
The book ended way better than the movie. They added an element to the story that was not present in the book. It's a pretty short novella, and totally worth a read.
 
giphy.gif
Let's say allies against the incompetent tyranny of CM.
 
No, he really did it. He was just in an alternate reality thinking he was fighting the Mist, when in reality he was actually insane and only snapped out of the delusion after he killed his own family. There was no mist... that was in his brain. Obviously they'd have to change up a few things but that would be way more psychological than this ham fisted ending.
So a documentary on Chris Benoit then?
 
No way. Read the novella. The whole mist concept and the creatures therein tie into several of his other works.
Yeah I think King was actually the first writer to build a multiverse.
SOOO many crossovers and connections.
I have a theory that the the thing that gave cujo rabies was pennywise in another form.
 
Yeah I think King was actually the first writer to build a multiverse.
SOOO many crossovers and connections.
I have a theory that the the thing that gave cujo rabies was pennywise in another form.
Haven't read Cujo. But what got me so interested in The Dark Tower series is when I read about the connection between it and The Mist.

I haven't read too much King yet. I've read It, Salem's Lot, and a few of his novellas like The Mist.
 
Haven't read Cujo. But what got me so interested in The Dark Tower series is when I read about the connection between it and The Mist.

I haven't read too much King yet. I've read It, Salem's Lot, and a few of his novellas like The Mist.
Did you like Father Callahan? In SL?
If you did....Keep reading.😊
1784757550386.jpeg
 
Did you like Father Callahan? In SL?
If you did....Keep reading.😊
View attachment 977
I actually didn't really like Salem's Lot. I chose it based on it being a fan favorite, but I did not like it nearly as much as It.

I forgot to mention I had read The Stand, too, and did like that one a lot. So far, It and The Stand are my two favorites.

The Gunslinger was as bad as I had heard, and I was longing to finish that book. I like The Drawing of the Three much better. I have just started The Waste Lands.

I did read elsewhere that there would be a Father Callahan tie in somewhere in The Dark Tower series.
 
I actually didn't really like Salem's Lot. I chose it based on it being a fan favorite, but I did not like it nearly as much as It.

I forgot to mention I had read The Stand, too, and did like that one a lot. So far, It and The Stand are my two favorites.

The Gunslinger was as bad as I had heard, and I was longing to finish that book. I like The Drawing of the Three much better. I have just started The Waste Lands.

I did read elsewhere that there would be a Father Callahan tie in somewhere in The Dark Tower series.
Yep; keep reading.
 
No, he really did it. He was just in an alternate reality thinking he was fighting the Mist, when in reality he was actually insane and only snapped out of the delusion after he killed his own family. There was no mist... that was in his brain. Obviously they'd have to change up a few things but that would be way more psychological than this ham fisted ending.
lol nah. I could be wrong, but I wanna say even Stephen King himself has said that the movie ending was better than his ending.
 
Back
Top