Triple M Junkie Idol Game thread

Starting Tuesday, I'll be on vacation until Colorado until August 4th. I figured I could judge something like last round or the one before with no problem, but no chance I'm spending hours watching old fights I've probably seen before with my face stuck in a tablet/phone while on vacation.
you gonna Rhino it then?
 
Starting Tuesday, I'll be on vacation until Colorado until August 4th. I figured I could judge something like last round or the one before with no problem, but no chance I'm spending hours watching old fights I've probably seen before with my face stuck in a tablet/phone while on vacation.
Enjoy your vacation!

I'm flying tomorrow to Cyprus in hope they don't shut down flights by next week if there's gonna be an all out war again

Guess I'll have to work *really* remotely..
 
I'm not even going to bother watching The Stand or The Dark Tower.
Oh dear god! DON'T! You'll get angry!

Not a lot of good/great movies out of King's books.
The Shinning is great, but very different in his core as the book.
Cujo was good.
The first Carrie movie was GREAT, close to the book.
Misery is up there.
Gerald's Game was good.
The Green Mile is definitely one of the best adaptation.
Dr. Sleep was very good. The ending was actually better than the book. Just like The Mist.
The Mist.
The series The Institute is very good.
Mr. Mercedes was great.
The Shawshank Redemption was exceptional. Again, the ending is better in the movie.
 
axai7o.jpg
If that really happens I already instructed @bconcrete to go beat your ass to a pulp.
 
I'm flying with Allegiant next week. I'll let you know!
Allegiant is the airline where I got into a very loud disagreement about the size of my personal item/carry on with the gate agent like 12 years ago.

She, very aggressively (very fat Black lady on a power trip) said it had to fit in the little metal box thing they have by the gate to be considered a "personal item" and not get the extra fee, I said it did, she said no it didn't (mind you, she was just eyeballing it, hadn't even measured), I said it did, and she said "idc what you say, I'm charging you for it anyways."

So I stared her dead in the eyes, put the bag in the thing they have by the gate to check, it fit, and then I proceeded to stomp the ever living shit out of it to compact it even further to prove my point. She still tried to charge me for saying it didn't fit, so I called my bank and disputed the charge right in front of her, and then boarded the plane after loudly telling her what I thought of her.

Best part was, it wasn't even my bag. It was my gf at the time's bag, a very nice leather thing worth WAY more than the $50 that fat bitch was trying to charge me, and my GF was NOT pleased at my method of protest.
 
Oh dear god! DON'T! You'll get angry!

Not a lot of good/great movies out of King's books.
The Shinning is great, but very different in his core as the book.
Cujo was good.
The first Carrie movie was GREAT, close to the book.
Misery is up there.
Gerald's Game was good.
The Green Mile is definitely one of the best adaptation.
Dr. Sleep was very good. The ending was actually better than the book. Just like The Mist.
The Mist.
The series The Institute is very good.
Mr. Mercedes was great.
The Shawshank Redemption was exceptional. Again, the ending is better in the movie.
Pet Cemetery freaked me out as a kid. Sleepwalkers was weird as hell too, didn't the main character in that bang his mom?
 
Allegiant is the airline where I got into a very loud disagreement about the size of my personal item/carry on with the gate agent like 12 years ago.

She, very aggressively (very fat Black lady on a power trip) said it had to fit in the little metal box thing they have by the gate to be considered a "personal item" and not get the extra fee, I said it did, she said no it didn't (mind you, she was just eyeballing it, hadn't even measured), I said it did, and she said "idc what you say, I'm charging you for it anyways."

So I stared her dead in the eyes, put the bag in the thing they have by the gate to check, it fit, and then I proceeded to stomp the ever living shit out of it to compact it even further to prove my point. She still tried to charge me for saying it didn't fit, so I called my bank and disputed the charge right in front of her, and then boarded the plane after loudly telling her what I thought of her.

Best part was, it wasn't even my bag. It was my gf at the time's bag, a very nice leather thing worth WAY more than the $50 that fat bitch was trying to charge me, and my GF was NOT pleased at my method of protest.
in Europe they also go by weight. idk how many times I had to open u 5 bags and shuffle things around, on and off the scale. I pulled an @bconcrete and used WAY more floor space than I needed and took my sweet time. Every time, after I'd get 2 or 3 bags below their desired KGs, the agent said Ok that's good enough. And off we went.

You wanna enforce some weird policy, that's fine. I'll comply, but you're gonna watch me do it with a line behind me and people walking around my shit.
 
. I still intend on reading the rest of the Dark Tower series, The Shining, and....I dunno what else. Nothing else has really intrigued me.
The Dark Tower is his magnum opus. But I'd say these King novels hold up on their own as excellent reads.


(His 3 part Bill Hodges crime drama are damn good)
Mr Mercedes
Finders Keepers
End of Watch
The Body (Stand By Me)
Apt Pupil
The Stand
It (except for how they got out of the sewers. That was f****** weird.) 😳
Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption
The Green Mile
The Shining
 Carrie
 
Last edited:
One of my all time favorites by King is, Nightmares and Dreamsccapes. Giant book of short stories you can knock out easily when time is limited.
 
One of my all time favorites by King is, Nightmares and Dreamsccapes. Giant book of short stories you can knock out easily when time is limited.
Skeleton Crew remains my favorite short story collection of his, read it as a kid. It has The Mist, of course, but also a story that stuck with me to this day, The Jaunt. The Raft was pretty fucked up too.

Night Shift, his first one, might have been the first King work I read at maybe 12 years old and is a close second among his anthologies. A bunch of these got made into TV/films: Jerusalem's Lot, Graveyard Shift, The Mangler, Battleground, Trucks (the Emilio Estevez movie Maximum Overdrive), Sometimes They Come Back, The Ledge, The Lawnmower Man, Quitters Inc, Gray Matter, Children of the Corn were all adapted in some form or another. Dude could have probably retired for life from the film-rights sales from that list alone. Gray Matter, like the Jaunt, is still stuck in my brain; that was some freaky story.
 
Skeleton Crew remains my favorite short story collection of his, read it as a kid. It has The Mist, of course, but also a story that stuck with me to this day, The Jaunt. The Raft was pretty fucked up too.

Night Shift, his first one, might have been the first King work I read at maybe 12 years old and is a close second among his anthologies. A bunch of these got made into TV/films: Jerusalem's Lot, Graveyard Shift, The Mangler, Battleground, Trucks (the Emilio Estevez movie Maximum Overdrive), Sometimes They Come Back, The Ledge, The Lawnmower Man, Quitters Inc, Gray Matter, Children of the Corn were all adapted in some form or another. Dude could have probably retired for life from the film-rights sales from that list alone. Gray Matter, like the Jaunt, is still stuck in my brain; that was some freaky story.
1784852887808.gif
 
Skeleton Crew remains my favorite short story collection of his, read it as a kid. It has The Mist, of course, but also a story that stuck with me to this day, The Jaunt. The Raft was pretty fucked up too.

Night Shift, his first one, might have been the first King work I read at maybe 12 years old and is a close second among his anthologies. A bunch of these got made into TV/films: Jerusalem's Lot, Graveyard Shift, The Mangler, Battleground, Trucks (the Emilio Estevez movie Maximum Overdrive), Sometimes They Come Back, The Ledge, The Lawnmower Man, Quitters Inc, Gray Matter, Children of the Corn were all adapted in some form or another. Dude could have probably retired for life from the film-rights sales from that list alone. Gray Matter, like the Jaunt, is still stuck in my brain; that was some freaky story.
Oh shit! The Jaunt! Dear lord! I forgot about it. But now I remember everything... Thanks man! LOL!

The first one I read was Salem's Lot when I was 12 or 13. Didn't sleep for a month. "Open the window. Open the window, Mark. Open the window, Mark. Please! Let me in! It's OK, Mark, I'm your friend. He commands it!" And the sound of his nails on the window. Man! King did kind of a sequel with One for the Road (in Night Shift too).
 
Oh shit! The Jaunt! Dear lord! I forgot about it. But now I remember everything... Thanks man! LOL!

The first one I read was Salem's Lot when I was 12 or 13. Didn't sleep for a month. "Open the window. Open the window, Mark. Open the window, Mark. Please! Let me in! It's OK, Mark, I'm your friend. He commands it!" And the sound of his nails on the window. Man! King did kind of a sequel with One for the Road (in Night Shift too).
images
 
Jesus Christ. I haven't thought about that scene in years.
A member being a little kid f****** around in the living room while my mom was watching that movie and I wasn't paying any attention until that scene came on and it scared the living daylights out of me.


Anthony Hopkins creepy doll "Abracadabra" in MAGIC Also stuck with me.
Little motives did NOT like that thing.
To think, that doll is probably out there somewhere auctioned off to somebody years ago or stowed away in some old production assistance garage but that f****** dummy is out there...somewhere...looking like THAT.🙄
1784895079857.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Back
Top